View Selection Here

Friday, December 28, 2007

Holiday Cookies for Sale Experience

I undertook this project in an attempt to begin defining how my skills and blog could translate into a small income-generating business. Since I had never done anything like this before and the window of time to receive orders was so small, I kept it low-key. I'd like to say that posting this on my blog resulted in thousands of orders, but it did not. The reason I posted it was so my customers through word-of-mouth advertising could quickly view what I was selling. And it did serve that purpose well.

Though my sales were on the tepid side, I was concerned that a major marketing push just in my local community would have resulted in me failing to deliver the goods, if you will. This did not happen, of course, but I learned how quickly I could have found myself in that situation. I consider this a pilot and now I know exactly how many orders I can handle if I undertake a project like this next Christmas. In the meantime, I'm working on similar, but smaller offerings for Valentine's Day and Easter. I haven't worked out the details yet, but keep checking the site. Thanks especially to my friend Minh. She wins the salesperson of the year award for my nascent company!

No comments: